Rockwell Automation, the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and digital transformation, along with its Partner Network™, held its 29th signature industry showcase event, Automation Fair At Home, November 16 – 20, 2020. Due to the pandemic, the event had been dynamically re-imagined as a primarily virtual experience to safeguard customer, partner, and employee health and safety, with all content from the event available on-demand now until June 2021.
Automation Fair At Home showcases the newest products, solutions, and services in industrial automation and digital transformation. Due to the hybrid nature of this year’s event, attendees across different time zones and geographies had access to over 175 engaging educational opportunities and over 90 exhibits, through livestreams and on-demand video recordings. The agenda included engaging hands-on labs, training sessions focused on the newest hardware and software technologies, industry-focused forums, and more.
Commenting on the event, Blake Moret, CEO and Chairman, Rockwell Automation, said, “The acquisition of ASEM S.r.l and Kalypso, as well as partnerships with Microsoft, PTC, and others, make our ecosystem the best in the industry. This partner ecosystem combined with our technology and domain expertise allow us to say that there is no one better positioned to add value at the convergence of IT, and operational OT technology for our customers. We bring the Connected Enterprise to life for customers around the world and across a wide variety of industries. And during these times it’s especially important to look at the ways we increase the resilience, agility, and sustainability of our customers.”
He added, “Sustainability is at the forefront of Rockwell Automation and our customers’ minds. We are committed to a carbon-neutral future, helping our customers achieve their own sustainability goals such as increased energy efficiency, recycling to play a role in the circular economy, and renewables.”
This year’s Automation Fair At Home drew particular attention to the unique challenges facing the sector, with Rockwell Automation making a series of announcements aimed at bolstering the resilience, agility and sustainability of industrial manufacturers. To help companies innovate faster and more sustainability through an integrated digital engagement model, Rockwell Automation launched LifecycleIQ Services, and announced the expansion of its cybersecurity certifications and product line to combat industrial cyberthreats. The company also announced the acquisition of Fiix Inc. in line with its software strategy, to enhance productivity and efficiency through maintenance and operational insights.
Scott Wooldridge, President of Asia-Pacific at Rockwell Automation, said, “With its rapid urbanisation, growing middle-class population and talent pool, Asia-Pacific is already a global manufacturing hub, and the sector continues to be one of the region’s key growth drivers.”
“The Asia-Pacific operations from Rockwell Automation are of strategic interest to our global business and we want to partner with established and emerging enterprises and industries across all local markets to help them make the digital leap; facilitating the region’s economic recovery from the pandemic,” he continued.
Other highlights of the event, also available on-demand, included keynote Perspectives into YOUR next, Rockwell Automation Experience virtual tours and Bold Conversations panel discussions:
Virtual Tours: The Rockwell Automation Experience
- The Rockwell Automation Experience enables participants to virtually tour three newly designed spaces at the Rockwell Automation Milwaukee headquarters:Digital Engineering Hall, Digital Thread Experience, andProducts & Technology Showcase.
- TheDigital Engineering Halltour features machine design, operations, and maintenance, with an end-to-end demonstration of a digital engineering project.
- TheDigital Thread Experienceuses a real-world example to help attendees visualize moving from siloed operations to a digitally connected enterprise.
- TheProducts & Technology Showcase features the latest Rockwell Automation innovations in control, information and lifecycle services. After each tour, participants can discuss products and technology with Rockwell Automation experts.
- Beyond updates on industrial automation, a segment of the event was dedicated towards tackling broader industry and societal issues, with Rockwell Automation executives sharing personal experiences and thought leadership on addressing these subjects
- Topics discussed include: Inclusive Leadership During the Time of the Pandemic, Equity in Early STEM Education, Combatting Microaggressions in the Workplace, Inclusive Workplaces in a Divisive World, and more.