Education Institutions across India are looking for breakthrough solutions to resolve the health and safety concerns after the recently issued fresh guidelines by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) for safe reopening. To help education sector to safely reopen, Prama Hikvision offers an impressive line-up of solutions. Few such solutions include the Temperature Screening Solution, a Crowd-Flow Management Solution and Social Distancing Solution.
Using a Touch-Free Temperature-screening solution is one of the measures being currently used to quickly spot individuals with an elevated skin temperature (EST). This method reduces manual testing time and safety risks to those involved in the detection process. The Temperature Screening Cameras have been widely adopted by majority of the educational institutions in India and abroad.
The thermal cameras are capable of accurately monitoring the skin-temperature of all the incoming people, students, staff or visitors. They also raise an alert in case someone with an elevated temperature is spotted within the camera range or if a visitor is not wearing the mask. The cameras are capable of detecting the skin temperature of as many as thirty people simultaneously.
Solutions for safe Reopening of Education Institutes:
1. Temperature Screening and Mask Detection at Entrance Lobbies: Upon arriving at school, students and staff shall be guided to the pre-set entrance lobbies for preliminary temperature measurement before entering the campus. A variety of devices are available to meet temperature measurement, mask detection and attendance management needs.
2. Mask Detection at Open Areas: Open areas are where students carry out after-class activities. It is recommended to install IP cameras for face mask detection and intrusion detection so as to better protect students.
3. Powerful Data Management and Visualized Demonstration: At the control room, site managers and security staff can view statistics and temperature records of all connected sites in real time using HikCentral (Video Management Software). HikCentral creates instant popups and other notifications upon detection of abnormal temperatures.
4. Mask Detection Alerts: Hikvision’s thermal and AcuSense cameras, as well as MinMoe temperature screening terminals are equipped to detect masks. A specialized interface on Hikvision’s DeepinMind NVRs can also be used to visually display temperature and mask status together, making monitoring much easier.
5. Dome and Bullet Thermal Cameras: These cameras can detect the elevated skin-temperature levels. It is a non-contact process which can achieve accuracy more than a meter away.
6. Hand Held Thermal Camera: A Standalone Solution, eliminating the need of any additional device like a recorder or a POE switch.
7. Door Frame Metal Detector with Thermal Camera: Thermal Cameras integrated with a DFMD are particularly advised to be installed at locations where there is a crowd. They can do the thermal scanning and also identify people walking in with any metallic substance.
8. Touch-free Access Control Terminals: MinMoe Face recognition terminals can be customised with temperature screening and mask wearing alert. They can be fitted on a High Speed Entrance Control solution like Swing Barriers. They can check attendance and prohibit access of suspected people.
9. Onboard Temperature Screening & Mask Detection: The school bus system is one of the most important transportation methods for students. Hikvision’s Smart Onboard Temperature Screening Terminals support non-contact skin-surface temperature measurement, mask detection, attendance check and audio alarms to detect abnormal temperatures at an earlier stage and keep bus travel safe.
10. Social Distancing and Density Control: The Social Distancing solution uses people counting and 3D modelling technologies to measure the distance between people accurately. Prama Hikvision Dual Lens Cameras help education institutions measure social distancing. The advanced 3D binocular stereo vision and deep learning algorithm of the camera can be configured to trigger alarms according to local regulations and requirements. Users can set the minimum contact distance threshold needed. If the distance becomes less than the pre-set threshold, an instant alarm and popup will appear with audio and video linkage.
11. Flow Control Solution: Hikvision’s Flow Control System utilizes highly accurate people counting technology. Display clarity and real-time alerts ensure that the pre-defined capacity thresholds are never exceeded, even in locations with multiple entrances and exits. A digital sign can be integrated at entrance areas to display real-time occupancy data, as well as temperature and mask information, letting visitors know when it is safe to enter premises. Hikvision’s video solution provides the necessary features and functionalities to assist with the process of social distancing. For multi-entry scenarios, people counting cameras can be installed at each entrance and exit, equipped with I-Series NVRs or HikCentral to calculate numbers of people entering or leaving, so as to accurately provide real-time number data.
Safe Reopening for education sector requires all of us to move forward together, employing the recommended best practices and maintaining safe daily habits in order to reduce risks. Cutting-edge video technologies can help various organizations better observe the instructions and guidance.
Prama Hikvision, has dedicated product packages for education vertical specific applications and solutions, including schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions. It has multiple application cases across India to bolster the cause of safe reopening for the education sector.