With the broadest range of Wi-Fi 6 offerings in the industry, NETGEAR, the leading provider of Wi-Fi solutions continue the commitment to advance Wi-Fi performance with the launch of a new product in its line-up of Wi-Fi 6 Router. With the launch of NETGEAR Nighthawk RAX50, the performance line will now join the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi advanced solutions – Wi-Fi 6 systems.
The Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) empowers with faster Wi-Fi speeds with reliable connections, so one can enjoy buffer-free streaming, faster downloads, and can add more smart home devices without slowing down the Internet experience. It also offers better coverage and, more importantly, has the power and capacity to handle the dozens of devices in the typical congested smart home.
The newly launched Nighthawk RAX50 is a dual-band model, but it has 6 strings. It also has four LAN ports, so one can connect wired devices such as game consoles and smart TVs without purchasing an additional switching hub. Now, one can enjoy more comfortable home time with RAX50, including timeless web meetings and uninterrupted video streaming.
The latest device lets you experience smoother 4K streaming and high-performance online gaming and is designed to deliver a new level of Gigabit Wi-Fi connectivity so you can connect, stream and download faster to newer mobile devices. The powerful 1.5GHz Triple-Core processor with a fully offloaded CPU increases the overall performance of the network. Engineered to deliver up to 4 times the data capacity over previous standards, Wi-Fi 6 technology, 160MHz channel support and 1024 QAM vastly improve network efficiency. High-powered amplifiers increase the range for reliable whole-home coverage.
The Nighthawk RAX50 supports the Wi-Fi 6 technologies OFDMA that give you more Wi-Fi for more devices by allowing efficient data transmission at the same time. Also designed as a dual-band model, the router theoretically supports a transmission rate of up to 5.4 Gbit/s over 2.4 and 5 GHz. While 600 Mbit/s are possible over 2.4 GHz, up to 4.8 Gbit/s can be achieved over 5 GHz with 4 × 4. The Nighthawk AX6 also offers a USB 3.0 port and five Gigabit LAN connections.
Speaking at the launch, Marthesh Nagendra, Country Manager India, ME & SAARC, NETGEAR said, “We are excited to bring the power and flexibility of Nighthawk to the Indian market, and lead the transition to Wi-Fi 6. With the rising demand of super-fast and reliable home network, we at NETGEAR are constantly aiming to provide our consumers with various Wi-Fi devices that meet their expectations and solve their everyday Wi-Fi struggle.”
As part of the Nighthawk series, the new Nighthawk Wi-Fi 6 system is designed to appeal to enthusiasts who want to combine high Wi-Fi coverage with features like Dynamic QoS, which automatically prioritizes both video streaming and gaming data. The Nighthawk Wi-Fi 6 system is available with one or two satellites, and additional satellites can be added later. It is set up using the free Nighthawk app for Android and iOS, which is then used to manage the network.
“The new Nighthawk AX5400 6-stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX50) provides consistent and powerful signal strength to multiple devices at the same time so you can enjoy smooth gaming and 4K UHD video streaming, and faster file transfers and backups. It also has more Wi-Fi streams which mean more available bandwidth and less congestion for all devices in the Wi-Fi network”, added Nagendra.
- Extremely Fast Wi-Fi — Up to 5.4Gbps (600 + 4800 Mbps †) wireless speeds.
- Improved Capacity — Wi-Fi 6 uses OFDMA to improve the capacity and efficiency of your network, so more devices can connect without slowing down your Wi-Fi.
- Powerful 1.5GHz Triple-Core Processor — Smooth 4K UHD streaming to Smart TVs, mobile devices and gaming consoles.
- 5 Gigabit Ports — Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections with 1 WAN & 4 LAN ports
- 160MHz Channel Support — Enjoy over 1Gbps Wi-Fi speeds for blazing-fast streaming and downloading to newer mobile devices that support 160MHz bandwidth.
- Gigabit Wi-Fi to Mobile Devices — Connect, stream, and download faster to newer mobile devices and computers.
- USB 3.0 PORT — Faster streaming, backup and easy access to your stored media.
- Nighthawk App —Easily set up your router and get more your of your Wi-Fi.
- Works with Existing Wi-Fi Devices — Backward compatible with Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) and earlier generation Wi-Fi standards.
- Amazon Alexa& the Google Assistant — Control your NETGEAR Wi-Fi network with simple voice commands.
To safeguard the home network in this time of heightened online activity, NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender on Nighthawk Wi-Fi 6 Systems is the ideal solution with award-winning cybersecurity designed to protect all internet-connected devices within a home from viruses, malware, stolen passwords, identity theft and hacking, whether at home or on the go.