Over the last one-year, remote working has picked up at an unprecedented pace and now more than ever before, people are working in places outside of the conventional ‘office’.
While there are plenty of perks for employees who work remotely like better-work life balance and improved productivity due to reduced commute time, they also face several challenges like increased distractions and background noise.
Given that many industry experts predict that the future of work is hybrid working, i.e. employees splitting their time between remote working and working in office, it is imperative that organisations equip their employees with the right collaboration tools, no matter the work location.
For Poly, the pandemic has ripped the bandaid off what we already knew: work is work, whether or not there’s a workplace. People still need to connect reliably and clearly to perform.
As offices reopen, video and audio solutions will be more essential to connect to workers outside the office. The future of work requires sophisticated equipment that’s easy to use, platform-agnostic and reliable.
Below are the best tools from Poly, the collaboration industry expert that enables workers to be productive or connected no matter where they are.
- POLY SYNC USB/BLUETOOTH SMART SPEAKERPHONES – A remarkable sounding three-in-one device, it’s a personal speakerphone, a portable music speaker and a smartphone charger all in one. Its compact, sleek design and carrying case make it perfect for users on the go. The USB and Bluetooth speakerphones are designed to enable today’s need to work from anywhere – whether that’s a remote work location at home or a conference room in the office. Poly Sync speakerphone’s USB and Bluetooth® connectivity options offer flexibility, while its intelligent microphones can easily detect voices throughout the room to enable crisp audio quality for both work and entertainment. For seamless voice integration, connect Poly Sync speakerphones to your Siri or Google voice assistant and check even more off your to-do list without lifting a finger
- POLY EAGLEEYE MINI HD VIDEO CONFERENCING CAMERA – You may have heard the acronym K.I.S.S. before, but as it turns out, Keep It Stupid Simple is a design principle that was first used by the US Navy in 1960. Effectively, it means that any designs or systems should be as simple as possible. In that vein, the EagleEye Mini is about as simple as it gets: Installing the device is as easy as plugging it in; no drivers required for installation means you’ll be ready to start conferencing in just seconds. This handy little USB-powered HD video conferencing camera connects to your laptop or home computer, and features 1080P HD video to bring clarity to your meetings, while 4x electronic zoom and 74-degree field of view makes conference calls feel like in-person meetings.
- POLY VOYAGER FOCUS UC – Even though you may be working from home office, your favorite café, or even the office, distractions are everywhere. The day you work from home might be when your neighbor decides to start on their home renovations. An excited group of teenagers in conversation might decide to sit down at the table next to yours at the café (with proper social distancing, of course). Or your office colleagues might decide to start singing “Happy Birthday” to someone in the group as you’re trying to get on with an important conference call. A headset like the Voyager Focus UC comes in handy with its ability to filter out the background noise, while projecting your voice clearly and confidently so your contribution to the meeting can be heard. When it’s time to take a music break between a back-to-back calls, the Voyager Focus UC delivers rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid-tones to let you enjoy your favorite tunes.
- POLY VOYAGER 6200 UC – Here’s a headset for those that want something professional yet versatile. The Voyager 6200 UC neckband delivers professional-grade audio performance for mobile and PC calls and features an immersive stereo for the music lovers. The earbud is comfortable, stable, fits nearly all ear sizes and shapes and is easy to put on and take off, while the neckband contours to any user while remaining lightweight. And if you’re afraid of missing calls because it is so comfortable you forgot you are even wearing a neckband headset? Fret not, the vibrating neckband signals you to incoming calls and alerts. Bring your voice to the forefront and minimize distractions with its four Omni-directional microphones – the person on the end will thank you for the hyper-clarity audio (you’re welcome). Finally, let’s face it, as digital natives; none of us work on one device at a time – switching between the computers, the tablet, the phone. The Voyager 6200 UC can pair with up to eight devices, connecting to two at a time. You no longer have to fumble with pairing and unpairing your devices just to get a discussion, or some music, going.
- POLY VOYAGER 5200 UC – Yesterday’s idea of an office job is likely going to be hugely different from what office jobs will likely look like in the years to come, as employers and corporations are starting to consider shifting a larger proportion of their workforce to a Hybrid Working model. For these types of workers, the ability to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues will be more important, especially during time away from the office desk. Enter the Voyager 5200 UC, a mono Bluetooth headset which lets you work from wherever you like, and with all-day comfort. Six layers of WindSmart technology and four omni-directional microphones work in tandem to reduce distracting background noise, letting nothing get in the way of a clear connection. A pocket-sized design also makes this handy headset a compact addition to your mobile arsenal, without cramping your style.